zondag 7 augustus 2016

Essential - Essentieel


I thought it rather essential that my ancestors could go to the toilet, preferably without having to pass through one of the bedrooms.
Having recently joined a group on Facebook for my kind of house (it has a name! Cameleon and there's a group, who knew!!), I saw some inspiration on how to install a toilet under the stairs. It was a tight fit and a lot of trial and error but these pictures will show you before and after.

Ik vond het wel essentieel dat mijn voorouders naar het toilet kunnen, het liefst zonder door een slaapkamer te moeten. Omdat ik recent in een Facebook groep ben toegetreden die gericht is op mijn type huis (het heeft een naam: Cameleon en er is een groep voor, nooit geweten!), zag ik voldoende inspiratie over het plaatsen van een toilet onder de trap. Het was krap en het ging vaak mis maar deze foto's geven een goed beeld van voor en na.
After - Na








Before - Voor






foamboard wall - muurtje

I stopped at the landing. Gestopt op de overloop  




Hook to close the door - haakje om te sluiten


















I will install lights, with wires but for the toilet I thought a light on a battery would do. All the walls are covered with removable walls, that are still very unattached . That will make installing the wires easier.

Ik zal het huis nog bedraden voor de verlichtig maar voor het toilet vond ik een lampje op batterij wel ok. Alle voorzetwanden staan nog los zodat ik straks makkelijk de bedrading kan aanleggen.



view through the front door (not finished)
aanzicht door de voordeur (nog niet klaar)








I made this little table with cardboard and some bought legs. 

Het tafeltje heb ik met karton en gekochte poten gemakt.


Dat is het voor nu. Dank je voor je bezoek en Fijne Zondag!

That's it for now. Thank you for your visit and have a great Sunday!

12 opmerkingen :

  1. WOW!!!! Great job on fitting that little toilet under the stairs! I have been in houses where that is where one is located! And I see there are plenty of supplies and a Brilliant hook on the door!!! I am also of the opinion that a toilet is essential to a house! LOL! (At the very least there must be an "outhouse" at the end of the garden path!) I could not believe my eyes that you made that table from cardboard!!! It looks so perfect there in the hallway and I love the little statue! I can't wait to see more! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Betsy! You know, in the Netherlands a lot of houses have toilets under the stairs so it seemed only logical.
      I am rather pleased with the table too, next week I'll have another one to show.... 😉

      Verwijderen
  2. Your little toilet room looks wonderful. Fantastic idea. I love the little hall table.
    Hugs Maria

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Maria! I'm rather pleased with it too 😊

      Verwijderen
  3. I'm still an FB-outlaw... but I see there's a FB-group for anything and everything. ;O) Great that you got the inspiration for that toilet under the stairs - what a wonderful idea to use that space... and realistic too. Your table looks awesome, hard to believe it's made of cardboard. I also admire the blue border on the wall, it looks great!

    Hugs
    Birgit (who is like you an August child, too)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hello fellow August child, the hight of summer blessed our birth. Are you a Leo too?
    Ah Facebook, it's no good for stories about BiWuBaeries or little gypsy dolls but as a resource it has its value as I found out.
    Thank you Birgit for your kind words and enjoy August!
    XXX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. how creative, I love the hallway restroom! its perfect for guest. (also I dont want my guests using my personal bathroom, Im a good hostess but Im not that generous) I like your side table too..very cool

    Hugs
    Marisa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Es una idea fantástica, queda muy bien aprovechado.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Your solution for the WC is a great one because it solves the problem of not having the guests having to cross through the bedroom and it effectively utilizes what is often considered "dead space" under a staircase. Bravo for some great space planning an also for your little side table. Lovely work, Veronique! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. Would you believe that I find I'm lacking space even though this is a big house. Just like real life. Space saving practical solutions are needed!
      XXX

      Verwijderen